Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Creative Sprint Day 7

What can you do with just one dollar? Use a dollar bill (or an equivalent amount of change) as your medium or inspiration, today.

The first thing that popped into my head was money origami.  I have kept a folded dollar heart for many years that a friend made for me WAAAAAAAAY back in highschool.  I kept it not out of romantic sentiment but it was the first time I had seen, in person, money that was so intricately folded.  I have always meant to try it myself, but it's always been on the back burner.

My inspiration.

After seeing today's prompt, I looked online for dollar heart origami tutorials thinking I'd recreate the one I have, but after seeing MANY other things I could fold I decided to make a shirt and tie.  On one hand it's very important to me to be able to create organic free flowing art, but after a few botched recipes I also believe it's a crucial life skill to be able to follow instructions to complete a task.
Yo, that shirt is money!



Dolla dolla bill y'all!
xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment