Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Creative Sprint Day 14

Learn something new. Ask a friend to help you do something using a technique or skill they are good at.

I had the heaviest sinking feeling of dread when I saw today's assignment.  I did not want to see anyone today, as I spent last night tending to an unwell toddler after he painted his bedroom with vomit.  It was on the carpet, seeped into his pillow, on every single one of his 6 stuffed animals that he sleeps with, on his blankets, on the wall, in between the mattress and his bed frame...  Vomit session of epic proportions which resulted in a massive amount of laundry and additional clean-up to do today.  We had a curried coconut chicken and wild rice casserole for dinner so it was visually horrifying too.  I also know how to do everything and I hate asking for help.

Actually, I know how to knit but I don't know how to crochet so with the handy dandy internet, emails and text messaging, my friend Cari assured me that she could show me how to make a simple crocheted heart.  She's a self taught hooker who makes newborn outfits for friends out of the kindness of her own heart of gold (Get it? Huh? Crochet hook? Hooker?  Hooker with a heart of gold? Ha ha ha ha ha).
A cutie Dino outfit made by Cari
So here is my evolution of heart making.  I followed the same instructions for each of the three things in the picture below:
For reals...
The result was better with each successive try and now I'm thinking I can be a hooker too!

Third time's a charm

Happy Hooking
xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment