Thursday, April 16, 2015

Creative Sprint Day 16

Make a gift for someone and give it to them.

The gastrointestinal nastiness has spread to me now... I spent most of my day wallowing in my own misery while trying to be present for my Kai Baby, who has bounced back to his normal energetic self.  I decided to nap with him this afternoon and I'm sure I fell asleep before he did because the last thing I remember was him patting my head and singing "Rock a bye baby" to me.  It was the sweetest thing.  Despite the crud, I've been looking forward to making my gift all day.  Thank goodness he fell asleep at a decent time!

The "gift" I made is an etegami.  Etegami is a Japanese folk art; it's also mail art.  Etegami is characterised by: Debbie the Etegami Guru's informative post

the tools of the trade
I've had a care package I've been meaning to send to my friend Aya in Japan for a few months now! I wanted to include a note so etegami was the perfect thing to make. We shared an office together in NYC.  Our time working together was probably the best period of time at that company for me, and though that time and place was so long ago, so far away, and we are in completely different places than we were in our 20's, we are still friends and that makes me happy.  We always pick up right where we left off and I appreciate her so much!
"I wish we could have tea together"


Happy giving
xoxo
Char


No comments:

Post a Comment