Monday, April 13, 2015

Creative Sprint Day 13

Make a hat or something to wear on your head. Get a photograph of yourself wearing it in public.

The only thing I was going to leave my house for today was to take my baby boo to his toddler art group (Other than walking to the mailbox and letting Kai play on the jungle gym for a little bit later this afternoon).  Today's theme was "Bug Explorers.  The kids made sponge paint caterpillars, hand print bumble bees, and they also got to play with some real live ladybugs in the grass.  It was a fun time for all.  Knowing what we'd be doing today, I wanted to make a bug hat to wear at the park.

All before Go-Time I made hash browns, perfect over easy eggs, supremed some oranges and sliced my finger, showered, got Kai dressed and ready to go, packed our bag, made a watercolor leaf hat, searched for and found my car keys, and snuck Kai's praying mantis into our daypack.

Praying Mantis & Watercolor Leaf

The back....

My buggy hat at Ward Canyon Neighborhood Park
hunchback caterpillar

Bee Dance


Kai examining ladybugs

A special thank you to Cari for taking a picture of my buggy hat.  I also can't stop myself from mentioning: my Day 8 made it on ALR's Week 2 Highlights blogpost!

Hooray!
xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment