Monday, April 20, 2015

Creative Sprint Day 20

Create a pie chart or Venn diagram, topic and materials are your choice.


I decided on my topic of "Reasons for Washing My Hair" while I was in the shower this morning and thinking "I better wash my hair because my sister is coming today and it's probably been a while".

Textured hair can get away with less frequent washing because it doesn't get weighed down by a little hair grease.  I can put shea butter in my hair for 5 days in a row and still have crazy flyaways.  I know because I've tried it.   My crazy textured hair even earned me the nickname "wild girl" at a very young age, we all know I have a sweet disposition so it wasn't my personality, and I've always been appreciative that my dad chose "wild girl" over "feral child".


The Reasons:

1. I have somewhere to go (where I have to interact with people like a dr's appointment, urban sketching, toddler art group or a play date) and it's probably been awhile since I last washed it.  I would never wash my hair just because I have to go run errands.


2. It's dirty and I know it.  Whether my son has put peanut butter & jelly hands, boogers, spit, dirt/sand, or vomit in my hair or it's finally visibly greasy, that calls for a washing.


3.  I can't remember the last time I washed it so I probably should wash it.


4.  I would like to wear it curly and I actually have product and time to put said product in my hair.


5. To avoid someone, most likely my son, and my husband is home so I have more than 5 minutes to do an extra thorough wash, conditioning, and rinse job.


6. To fix poor styling after a cut.  Cheap haircuts from poorly skilled stylists often lead to poor styling out of ignorance of how to deal with hair like mine.  Normally washing it and restyling (in my case air dry with something heavy in it) will tame the beast.  Considering the last haircut I had was May 2012, this is a very rare occurrence.

Peace love and hairgrease
xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment