Monday, May 18, 2015

EDiM: 18

Lipstick or lip gloss.



I don't wear a lot of makeup.  I would hate to become dependent on it, nor would I want for my husband or child to be frightened of me in my natural state (he he he).  I came to this conclusion after seeing my mom's dependency on hair dye.  It took a long time for her to toss the dyes since she greyed early, but once she did I think she became more natural and beautiful (not older), and her hair became more healthy.  The older I get the less I feel the need to keep up appearances (or care what others think of me), and for many years I've been completely comfortable with how my genes have come together to make me as I am.   So, most of the time, all I do is focus on keeping my skin clean moisturized and sun blocked.

A while ago, as an attempt to pamper myself, I had a monthly "makeup" sample subscription, and most of the time the products were spot on.  Since I stated on my style survey that I like the natural look I received a lot of hair and skin care products along with make-up in muted colors that were just barely noticeable on.  One day however, I received this BRIGHT RED lipstick (illustrated above) amongst my samples. I was a little shocked, but I naively thought "maybe it's sheer?" so I opened it and tried it on instead of passing it on to my fashionably trendy friends.  WELL it wasn't sheer so instead of wearing it, or giving my cooties to my girlfriends, my husband and I started using it to take turns writing sweet little notes to each other on our bathroom mirror.  AWWWW.


xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment