Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Jaunt to SAM



Yesterday afternoon, I went to the Calder exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum with my friend Chrissy. We saw some amazing mobiles that cast the most beautiful and delicate shadows on the walls and floor. There was also an entertaining film showing the artist performing Cirque Calder! I'm now inspired to make moving art and knit strange creatures.

Anyhow, the day progressed to us ogling over all the neat knick-knacks in the gift shop We then went to a Vietnamese restaurant where I had a yummy Vietnamese Bouillabaisse for lunch while watching white billowy clouds moving across a blue sky. Our last stop was at a fancy chocolate store where I picked up a present for my Love. Although the day was a little windy and chilly, it was bright and sunny and a reminder that Spring is just around the corner.... which is where the inspiration for my doodle came from.

Watercolor and ink... to be the background for a collage that is in the works!

Stay tuned.
Happy day!
xoxo char.


2 comments:

  1. I wish that was fabric that a dress was made out of that I was wearing like right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nati, I just may be able to have it printed... keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete