Friday, July 12, 2013

back to basics

It's been quite a while since my last post... in between then and now I've been consumed in child growing, then child rearing, an international move, "healthy cookie" making, and finally a few days ago back to etegami and other things I've been neglecting like my love for tea, shortbread, and chocolate.

I'm still consumed in child rearing and healthy cookie making, but it's finally getting easier to juggle my responsibilities and the things I'd rather be doing instead of playing house.  Don't get me wrong, being a domestic goddess is very much a part of who I am, but the house stuff was being prioritized as something that I "must" do and the art stuff as something I just "want" to do... Well, not the case.  I need to create artwork as much as I need to feed my family delicious healthy food and I can do both if I just make the time to do both.  It's a simple adjustment.

I made these two drawings with one friend in mine who has been waiting about 9 months for a reply!  Sorry Emily!




As for the "healthy cookie" that I'm obsessed with, a friend of mine shared the recipe with me and I've named it Oat Nugs because they look like little oat nuggets.



Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1 C quick oats (Old Fashioned Oats have worked fine for me)
1 Tbs peanut butter 
some chocolate chips (and/or cranberries and pecans!)

Do this:
Preheat the oven to 350
Mash bananas, stir in oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Drop on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.  And there you have it, Oat Nugs.  Let them cool for about 10 minutes before you taste them.

I've had friends use pureed pumpkin and honey instead of bananas; and I usually chop up some tart dried cranberries to balance out the sweetness of the ripe bananas.  

xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment