Thursday, April 29, 2010

Right: Before... After...


4/18/10: Weed Removal

Same day: Planted Columbines and Poppies from Donna and the Honeysuckle bush from Mellow.

My day trip to Kubota Garden was hijacked by a beautiful sunny day and the need to get my plant gifts into the ground. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and the beautiful plants.

I've tinkered with planting window sill gardens in my various apartments in NYC, but now that I have a large yard here in WA I'm excited about testing my landscaping skills.

Brooklyn circa 2003

I still have a lot to learn about plants, but it has been fun testing my basic design skills and imagination to create a composition with rhythm, movement, and balance.

We'll see how the composition progresses through the spring into the summer and fall.

Happy Planting
xoxo Char


No comments:

Post a Comment