Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sweater Weather

Chlorophyl's last hold on my sun gold tomato plant.

Warm legs in knitted tights.

Ah, fall fashion. One of my wool skirts.


The past week has brought on a change in weather that I have welcomed with open storage bins. I put away my summer skirts, dresses, and blouses; out came my wool skirts, sweaters, scarves and gloves.

Romantic notions of the new season:
Chilly mornings that have my sleepy toes looking for my slippers on the floor beside my bed
The puff of white breath dispersing into the dark
Sipping warm spiced mead with the family
Oven roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onions, and beets
Warm milk with a hint of sugar and a dusting cinnamon before bedtime


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. back in a place where I HAVE sweater weather. i know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh, and knitted earmuff weather. I think I need to make you one. :)

    ReplyDelete