Friday, May 8, 2015

EDiM: 8

Something with a handle

I struggled and struggled today...  At first, I was inspired by today's rain and was determined to draw the umbrella that Kai was using when I took him out in the yard to experience it.  Then I fell asleep through my normal "art time" and woke up incapable of creating what I envisioned in my head.


No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a result I liked.  I started with the underside of the umbrella, then I tried a sketch of the top of the umbrella instead.  Ugh. They were both awful.

ew.

Nearly two hours later, after being suggested a few times by the hubs,  I settled on my favorite chopping knife.  It's a Japanese chopping knife.  It's incredibly thin, light and sharp.  I still wasn't really thrilled with the sketch since the handle went off the page, but it's 7:30 pm and I'm ready to be finished with day 8.  Tomorrow is a new day.



xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment