Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Trip to the Farmer's Market.


Autumn; sweater weather, scarf weather, mitten or fingerless glove weather. Don’t forget hot apple cider from the farmer’s market weather.

A few weeks ago, with the cool brisk air on my face, I spent the afternoon with Denise at the Farmer’s Market at Union Square (and at the new Muji store that opened near Canal and Broadway). All summer I neglected the Green Market by my midtown office; this was a perfect opportunity to catch up with an old friend and enjoy some of the fruits of a fall harvest.

My objective: to get a hot cup of apple cider.

The results: Apple Cider, Apple Cider Donuts, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Concord Grapes, Fuji Apples, and some cheese. Also I managed to get a bit of Denise’s ginger maple candy and gingersnap cookie... and a felt dinosaur hand made by Den. He eats vegies!

I look forward to visiting the market again soon.

Next trip’s objective: Ingredients for a chicken and vegetable soup and maybe not so many sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment