Sunday, September 25, 2011

Van Gogh Blue and Yellow Mug

This is my favorite everyday tea drinking mug.
 I painted it about 12 years ago when my friend Susan and I went to one of those "paint your own" pottery studios.  My favorite glaze at the time, and still remains to be one of my favorite colors, was a rich navy blue that also had a tendency to look ultramarine or cobalt depending on the evenness (or lack of it) in the application of the glaze.  The glaze was called Van Gogh Blue.  Can't you just see "Starry Night over the Rhone" in that glaze?

My favorite mug sits on top of my felt hedgehog coaster.  In the foreground of the photo is my favorite patchwork coaster that my grandmother made years ago.

Here is my doodle on a teabag:
  

Happy Tea Doodle
xoxo
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment